Live & OnDemand Training
Self-paced videos and interactive modules available to you anytime.
Instructor led, group or one-to-one interactive training, that you can book through the Knowledge Live calendar.
Lipper for Investment Management
- Fund professionals need tools to obtain the broadest, most up-to-date and accurate data in order to view, compare, and analyze fund data and market information. Lipper for Investment Management (Lipper IM) offers insights on mutual funds, insurance/pension funds, hedge funds, and etc. Learn how to define your fund list, explore various chart templates, create and set your chart template, conduct various analyses under chart in Lipper IM and get charts and workbooks of Lipper IM via Excel Add-In.
- Open new workbook, use Quick Launch Chart and select the appropriate chart template
- Define static and dynamic fund universe and copy funds from table to chart
- Amend chart template, alter appearance of a fund, and add fund benchmarks/average/maximum into chart
- Show/hide a fund on chart, chart table, legend box and point labels, identify a fund and its data on chart, and apply relative series
- Send out and save chart image and export data to Excel
- Save fund list, chart template, and workbook and retrieve chart/workbook in Excel
- Fund professionals need tools to obtain the broadest, most up-to-date and accurate data in order to view, compare, and analyze fund data and market information. Lipper for Investment Management (Lipper IM) offers insights on mutual funds, insurance/pension funds, hedge funds, and etc. Discover how to define your own fund list, explore various table templates, create and set your table template and conduct various analyses under table in Lipper IM as well as retrieve Lipper IM tables and workbooks via Excel Add-In.
- Introduce user options, create new workbook, use Quick Launch Table and pre-set table templates, change sheets and split frames
- Define static and dynamic fund lists and search for funds
- Create own table template and apply various table tools
- View a fund details and send data to Excel
- Save fund list, table template, and workbook and retrieve them
- Open table and workbook in Excel
- Explore Lipper for Investment Management: Returns Based Style Analysis, Portfolio Ownership and Report GeneratorBesides tables and charts, Lipper IM offers Returns Based Style Analysis (RBSA), Portfolio Ownership and Report Generator for fund professionals dealing with fund activities easily. RBSA measures a fund based on its performance over a given time series and related benchmarks. Portfolio Ownership shows funds with top 10 and etc. net buyers or sellers, and owners of securities. Report Generator provides different report templates to create reports using Lipper database. Explore how these tools benefit in your business activities.
- What is RBSA, open RBSA, select a benchmark group, define a static or dynamic fund list
- View table and different charts in RBSA workbook, change benchmarks, and introduce RBSA table and chart templates
- What is portfolio ownership, how to view funds’ ownership and quote of a security, and export ownership data to Excel
- What is report generator, types of available reports, and how to create and view a report
- Lipper IM offers flexibility to fund professionals. Besides its powerful table and chart features, you can use Private Assets to add your private funds to the Lipper database. For model portfolios, you can enter constituents and model allocations where the Lipper database would calculate prices and other data. Learn how to import, make, and handle model portfolios with your own funds and composite indices as well as your own private funds.
- Open private assets
- Add a new model portfolio including funds and composite indices
- Manage a model portfolio’s location and share portfolios
- Add model portfolios to a dynamic or static fund list
- Add a new private fund
- Import a private fund
- Fund professionals need a tool to view Estimated Net Flows (ENF) which is a measure of how much money is moving in and out of fund in a given period of time so as to analyze the market situation. In view of this Lipper IM offers the Fund Flows module to provide such data along with all the necessary features in a consolidated view. Learn the features of the Fund Flows module and apply ENF data into tables and charts of Lipper IM.
- What are Lipper Fund Flows?
- View the Summary Tab
- View the Global Tab
- View the Classification Tab
- Apply Estimated Net Flows in Tables and Charts
- Fund professionals need a tool to generate fund reports based on various requirements and needs. To cope with these requirements, Lipper IM offers the Report Designer module for them to create tailor-made fund reports which enable them to fulfill their specific requirements. After attending this course, fund professionals should be able to create and retrieve their custom fund reports.
- What is Lipper Report Designer?
- Explain Report Designer Ribbon and Tabs
- Apply Report Layout and Themes
- Explain Report Components
- Design and Retrieve a Custom Fund Report
- Access a comprehensive range of training videos to help you get the most out of Lipper for Investment Management.
You will need to enter your Lipper user credentials to access these videos.