Live & OnDemand Training
Self-paced videos and interactive modules available to you anytime.
Instructor led, group or one-to-one interactive training, that you can book through the Knowledge Live calendar.
Thomson ONE Wealth
- Watch this video to learn how to subscribe to Thomson ONE Product Change Notifications enabling you to keep up to date with the latest product changes.
Total Running Time 3:13
- Thomson Reuters Wealth Management is the leading provider of intelligent information services to financial advisors. Our innovative solutions and high-value content provide valuable intelligence to power the investment process. Our solutions go beyond basic market data by offering knowledge and tools to help you generate smart investment I ideas and enhance client management. Learn about the capabilities of the suite of Thomson ONE Wealth solutions and what they bring to you as an Investment Professional.
Total Running Time 5:18
- Take a tour of Thomson ONE Wealth on the Smart Client Platform and discover the features that mean the most to you as a Wealth Management Professional.
Total Running Time 5:55
- Learn about the key benefits of Thomson ONE Wealth on the Smart Client Platform for you as a Wealth Management professional. How can you get quick access to the value-add information you need? This video covers ease of navigation and customization.
Total Running Time 5:36
- Thomson ONE Wealth provides you with multiple news tools to access valuable and indispensible sources of news and insight focused on the global financial community. These tools are key to helping you keep on top of the latest developments in the Eurozone crises.
Total Running Time 4:27
- Top News now offers access to “Investment Strategy News”. Rather than just delivering a stream of breaking news, it delivers robust, actionable insights and analyses more relevant to you as an investor. Utilize to generate fresh investment ideas and inform your portfolio decision-making by bringing the best investment focused content into one place.
Total Running Time 3:03
- This course covers the following topics:
Introducing Thomson ONE on the Smart Client Platform (1:12)
Ease of Upgrade (1:18)
A New Look and Feel (0:48)
Popout Services, Context Passing, Hotkey Options (1:58)
Navigation Tips (1:35)
Setting Your Preferences (0:35)
Customizing Your Workspace (1:30)
Help and Support (1:29)
- This course covers the following topics:
Introducing Thomson ONE on the Smart Client Platform (1:55)
Using the New Top Navigation (3:16)
The Markets Group (2:40)
Using the Icons on the Quick Access Toolbar (2:00)
Using the Entity Finder (1:29)
Viewing Thomson ONE Wealth Across Multiple Screens (0:54)
Searching for Thomson ONE Wealth Services (0:57)
Setting up Hotkeys (1:26)
Creating Alerts (2:05)
Customizing Your Workspace (2:48)
Removing a Service (1:26)
Creating a Pop Up Service (1:41)
Thomson ONE Wealth Smart Client: How to Import Workstation Settings (PDF)
- Learn how to successfully navigate Thomson ONE Wealth Smart Client and customize the application and your screens. Understand how to convert your existing screens, as well as successfully migrate and install Thomson ONE Wealth Smart Client.
- Understand the key benefits and differences between T1 Workstation (Thick) and Thomson ONE Wealth on the Smart Client Platform as a Wealth Management professional.
- Learn basic navigational skills and how to manipulate your workspace to reflect your needs. Find out how to effectively use the symbol guide, symbol lists, news and charts, and enhance your ability to pull in the data relevant to your workflow.
- Increase the speed and ease with which you access information on your Thomson One by assigning keyboard shortcuts and hot keys to your frequently used services. Set drill-down functionalities to retrieve relevant information at the click of a button and customize your workspace to reflect your workflow.
- Manipulate real-time dynamic and historical quotes in Microsoft Excel with the Thomson ONE 5.0 Excel add-in feature
- Watch the markets move in your charting package and add technical indicators for deeper analysis. Use the pre-set studies or create your own custom charts. Tailor your charts to deliver the detail you need.
- Get the most out of your news by exploring the multiple news displays in your workspace. Learn to retrieve news on the symbols in your Symbol List as well as by category and keyword searches. Discover how to create and save your own customized news searches
- Quickly find out what's going on before the bell in this insightful and consolidated report.
Total Running Time 1:06
- Stay ahead of the curve. Find and receive the Day Ahead report to get a recap of today's markets and see what to watch for tomorrow.
Total Running Time 1:42
- Watch this short video to see how the 'Control G' menu function can quickly take you to the service you require.
Total Running Time 1:23
- Watch this short video to learn how to save pages as favorites for quick and easy access in the future.
Total Running Time 1:14
- Reuters Insider is a powerful new video experience that gives financial professionals the ability to go beyond the news headlines and access in-depth analysis on the markets they follow. Watch this video to learn how to add Reuters Insider to you Thomson ONE Workstation.
Total Running Time 1:48
- New users to Thomson ONE and those requiring a refresher will come away from this class understanding the organization and layout of Thomson ONE, enabling quick and easy navigation, and customization of symbol lists.
- Understand the structure of Thomson ONE for effective navigation
- Create a symbol list and insert symbols
- Look up a symbol
- Modify symbol lists
- Leverage the news in your Thomson ONE: understand the purpose of the N indicator in the Flex Monitor, define and filter scrolling headlines to retrieve relevant stories, search for news efficiently with the keyword, phrase and category codes searches in Company News, and save pre-defined searches for future re-use.
- Understand the N indicator in the Flex Monitor
- Define and Filter scrolling news headlines for relevant stories
- Maximize your searching capability with keyword, phrase, and category searches in Company News
- Add user-defined news pages and sub-pages
- Customize your charts using the charts settings options; add, delete and modify technical indicators; exploit preset studies; and maximize your efficiency with keyboard shortcuts.
- Customize charts
- Add, modify & delete charts
- Exploit pre-set studies
- Maximize efficiency with keyboard shortcuts
- Access Thomson ONE data through Microsoft Excel: pull in single or multiple dynamic quotes, historical pricing, and create simple portfolio models using the data.
- Access Thomson ONE through Microsoft Excel
- Download single or multiple dynamic quotes into Microsoft Excel
- Download historical pricing into Microsoft Excel
- Create simple portfolio models in Excel using Thomson ONE data
- Increase the speed and ease with which you access information on your Thomson ONE by setting up keyboard shortcuts and hot keys to your frequently-used services. Set drill-down functionalities in your FlexQuote to retrieve relevant information at the click of a button and rearrange pages & groups to reflect your workflow.
- Set up of keyboard shortcuts
- Hot keys
- Workspace customization
- The landscape of trading in Canada is changing. Stock exchanges no longer have the monopoly on trading listed stocks. Today, electronic platforms known as Alternative Trading Systems (ATSs) provide investors with a variety of trading forums and serve the entire investment community now trading all of the TSX and TSX-V listed stocks.
With this change comes many questions on data transparency from these market places. This course will be combining power point slides showing statistics on how market share has been divided, along with a practical view using a Thomson One terminal to demonstrate how to access this data from multiple market (independently and in consolidated form).
- Discover ATS by market share in Canada
- View multiple market data independently
- View multiple market data in consolidated form