Live & OnDemand Training
Self-paced videos and interactive modules available to you anytime.
Instructor led, group or one-to-one interactive training, that you can book through the Knowledge Live calendar.
Thomson Reuters Knowledge for Investment Management
- In this course you will learn how to:
Navigate the publishing interface.
Edit or delete research.
Retrieve internal research.
- Reuters Knowledge is an advanced research and analysis solution, providingyou with comprehensive, timely and accurate information and enhanced productivity tools for more effective analysis needed to make key investment decisions.
Following this session you will learn how to efficiently access Fundamentals and Estimates data, Broker Reports, News and Significant Developments within Reuters Knowledge. In addition you will be able to create Portfolios and view key data to successfully enable comparative analysis.
- How to Efficiently Navigate within Reuters Knowledge
- How to create Portfolios in Thomson Reuters Knowledge
- How to view Research and News for a company, portfolio, industry or market
- Explore Fundamental Data in Thomson Reuters Knowledge
- Explore Estimates in Thomson Reuters Knowledge
- Reuters Insider
- Get Help
- Reuters Knowledge is one of the most comprehensive databases covering Broker Research, News, Press Articles, Significant Developments and Key Figures on a company and sector & industry level. Reuters Knowledge provides you with a tool to quickly and efficiently locate relevant information and documents.
Learn how to effectively create, modify and save targeted and efficient searches within Reuters Knowledge.
- Available Search Tools
- Creating Advanced Keyword Searches
- Managing Saved Searches
- Setting Alerts on Advanced Searches and Accessing Saved Searches via Blackberry
- Summary and Close
- Reuters Knowledge offers you tremendous amount of information relating to individual companies. This includes Research & News, Estimates, Fundamentals Filings and Events. Learn how to successfully create, modify individual portfolios as well as understanding how to access related information and customize displayed variables.
- Creating a Portfolio and Accessing Related Information
- Editing and Sharing your Portfolio
- How to Receive Alerts on Research Reports
- Customizing Report Templates
- Summary and Close
- Being able to retrieve accurate and detailed company data in Excel is essential if you want to create meaningful spreadsheets and be able to successfully analyse companies. It is just as important that creating these data engines is quick and simple to do. During this course you will learn how to use the Reuters Link for Microsoft Office (RLMO) add-in to retrieve Fundamental, Estimate, Price data and Ratios into Excel. You will also be able to build flexible spreadsheets to analyse companies and portfolios.
- How to Access the Reuters Link for Microsoft Office (RLMO) add in
- Display Fundamentals & Estimates using pre-built models
- Successfully build your own model
- How to retrieve Price data and display Fundamental data
- Retrieving Estimate Data
- Access analytic data
- How to download a complete Income Statement, Balance Sheet or Cash Flow Statement
- Use Speed Snap to retrieve the latest snap shot data
- Historically Reuters Knowledge offered users limited options to chart securities. An Interactive Charting tool has now been added that allows you to merge business analysis overlays with traditional technical analysis.
Following this session you will be able to use the Interactive Charting tool to add overlays such as News, Significant Developments, Dividends and Research, add Fundamental data and perform technical analyses to a price chart.
- How to Access the Interactive Charting Workspace
- How to modify your charts, save as templates and export a chart
- How to easily display technical indicators and indexed price performance
- How to add event markers and news to your charts
- How to quickly and easily view fundamentals via charts
- How to access Help on Interactive Charting
- Reuters Knowledge offers you a comprehensive overview across fundamental data, estimates and the corresponding research available, therefore making your workflow more effective.
In this course you will learn how to efficiently access Research and News for a single company, a portfolio, or an industry. You will also gain insight into the fundamentals and estimates coverage available within Reuters Knowledge.
- Access research & news for an individual company, industry, market or portfolio
- The value of Significant Developments and Company Guidance within Thomson Reuters Knowledge
- How to set up Research Alerts
- Explore Fundamental data with Thomson Reuters Knowledge
- Utilize Consensus & Detailed Estimates
- Reuters Summits
- Reuters Insider
- A variety of information on Fundamentals, Estimates and Research are required to successfully analyze financial markets and to enable you to make informed investment decisions.
In this course you will learn how to utilise Reuters Knowledge to successfully filter a universe of companies according to your own criteria through the use of the Screening Tool and to manage and customize the resulting screens.
- Accessing pre-built screens within Thomson Reuters Knowledge
- Creating a Screen
- Managing your screens and screening criteria
- Creating and utilizing you own personalized user variables
- Find Help on Screening within Thomson Reuters Knowledge
- Great stocks often have great peers. Nearly half of a stock’s price movement is tied to the performance of its respective group. Often it is not easy to access a company’s peers or screen the relevant sector. How can you screen sectors or access aggregate estimates? By using advanced search for equities in 3000Xtra or Screening in RK you can find stocks satisfying a certain investment strategy, screen sector peers or search for undervalued stocks in a chosen market.
- Criteria Search in Reuters 3000 Xtra
- Estimate Aggregates in Thomson Reuters Knowledge
- Screening for Sectors in Thomson Reuters Knowledge
- Lookup SIC code for a company in Thomson Reuters Knowledge
- Getting help and further information
- Monitoring company events and corporate disclosure efficiently is essential in today’s markets. Reuters Knowledge gives you full access to StreetEvents and provides a great source for managing corporate disclosure and brokerage event information. In this course you will learn how to access and navigate StreetEvents.
- Overview of the key benefits of StreetEvents
- How to access StreetEvents in Thomson Reuters Knowledge
- Navigate within StreetEvents - access Transcripts, Briefs, Guidance and Delta Reports
- Set up Watchlists and receive e-mail Alerts
- Get help and further information
- Find out more about the key benefits of Thomson Reuters Knowledge and how it can assist in making better Investment decisions. Are you utilizing the full capabilities of the product in you day to day workflow?
Total Running Time 4:15